Friday 27 January 2012

Intervention "Remix the text" by Katrin Lübs, November 2011

I got the book quite at the beginning. For me a book always was something valuable and I could not imagine damaging it in any way. But the destruction had already begun and that made it easier for me.

I liked the pictures at the end but the content seamed complex and difficult to read. It was a lot of small text about anything. I wanted to get an extract of information. That is how our fast world works like, to hurry and catch a quick information or impression.  


I started carefully to cut some of the pages. Thereby I felt a bit guilty to destroy somebody´s work. I did it in some parts of the book´s text. 

Now a fluent reading was no longer possible. You could get only a short idea what it is telling. That means you can think about how it could go on or you decide and everything becomes possible. You can remix the text or you also can try hard to find the ongoing part, it is up to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment