Wednesday 16 November 2011

Intervention3 Book in a Box Eva Budweg 1st November

The idea to pass a book around seemed interesting and challenging at the same time. After spending a couple of days with the book I was not sure how to feel about it. People did not just add to the book they also destroyed it in a certain way. Some parts are not readable, the pages are cut into and if one would not know the title, they could not recognize it.
There was a book, by “adding” or “doing” something to the book it changed its character. Its up to the viewer to decide if it got destroyed or was made to be a unique object.
One could argue either side.
However, I felt that it was necessary to protect the book. I know that this was an impossible task, so I decided to put the book in a box. In the box I wrote something, a section from the Bible. The Bible is just as confusing and interesting as this project, so is the particular section.
I am being aware of the fact that the book will not stay protected by the box it is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment